Last session was held on Friday, November 6th. We met late evening in Adrian's flat and after little to long off-topic talks began playing.
First of all guys told Terentz of their late accomplishments, new party members and current situation. Heroes exchanged gear (Xandos received Mask of Skull, and gave Jarod his Braces of Archery) and began to prepare plans. While Ren was investigating moonstone tower, Avelon and Connal prepared "stone garden", field of stoneshaped spikes, protecting one of town sides, instructed to dig pitfalls and surveyed fields. Jarod helped to gather scorpions, snakes and other poisoning materials, as well as rocks that could be hurled upon enemies. Xandos gathered agogwe warriors and tried to understand their tactics.
Night has fallen and army of gnolls swept down from hills. Carrying torches, singing warsongs and beating drums, they encircled city and made camp. Jarod decided to sneak out and make reconnaissance. First he crept up to gnolls preparing ladders and crude siege machines, than he followed messenger to concentration point and with help of "mage hand" he stole piece of parchment with some writing on it. Quickly returning to city, Jarod presented his spoils and PC learned that one of gnolls was: "right, due to localisation of target in the hills". Heroes quickly decided to check this out.
Flying raft was prepared and the flew into the night. Soon from darkness points of light emerged and PC's decided to investigate smaller cluster. Soon it turned out that it is camp beside ruined temple. From inside of it, hidden in side of hill, emerged light and entrance was guarded by several gnolls. Heroes mad landing and sent Jarod and Ren first. The took positions and waited while heavy armoured tanks attacked. With monsters attention turned to them, Jarod sneak attacked and soon all gnolls were killed. Second wave of them appeared from inside of hill, as well as horned, devil-looking troll and soon fight was on again. Twin troll appeared but was paralysed by Connal. Soon both monsters were slain, as well as gnolls and PC peered inside forgotten temple.
<font style=”font-style: italic”>Behind the Courtain</font>
- Xandos reached 8th lvel of experience.
- Jarod reached 7th level of experience.
- We have used rules for concealment during combat and blind fighting feat turned out to be handy (for example Ran, who lacked it, missed all his attacks in one turn).
- Jacek discovered we were making some mistakes. He is well learned in rules, I hope with his help will be able to play along the rules. After all, Pathfinder is a 400 pages long with about 300 pages of rules. Even former player had difficulties with grasping mechanics of his spells.
- Next session is planned on Saturday, November 28th.